Re: Telcon bridge for remote F2F participants

On Aug 15, 2013, at 9:05 AM, Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru> wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 17:21:28 +0400, Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr> wrote:
>
>> On 15/08/13 08:10, Kostiainen, Anssi wrote:
>>>
>>> On a related note, would it be possible to have a telcon bridge for remote participants?
>>
>> I will try to see with Mozilla's IT what can be done. I believe it
>> should be fairly easy to at least allow people to join the conference
>> using Mozilla's public A/V system.

Thanks Mounir. Hopefully we'll be using Web Telephony's conferencing soon -- no need to bug IT people anymore :-)

> Should be straightforward to connect to the W3C bridge, no?

Yes, should be, but we've struggled with this setup at some F2Fs before. Better test beforehand to make sure things work as expected considering the size of the meeting room etc. It's important that remote participants can contribute productively too.

> I probably won't be able to go to Canada (much as I would like to), but would like to participate remotely too. Although I expect not to actually phone in for most of the time.

Does the current agenda proposal work for your timezone?
  http://www.w3.org/wiki/System_Applications:_2nd_F2F_Meeting_Agenda#Agenda

I assume we can still adjust the agenda to accommodate remote participants better if needed.

-Anssi