Re: [sysapps/raw socket api]: New version based on Madrid meeting comments and comments from Ke-Fong Lin

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 12:33 AM, Alexandre Morgaut
<Alexandre.Morgaut@4d.com> wrote:

> On 29 avr. 2013, at 05:17, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>
>> The app platform is definitely targetted at desktop applications and
>> mobile alike. I agree.
>>
>> However this still doesn't really answer the question. When do you in
>> a client side app, for mobile or desktop, need to create a connection
>> on a particular interface or IP address?
>>
>> / Jonas
>
> One suggestion, you'll tell what it worth...
>
> When the app comes from a shared Cloud service (let say Salesforce) with external resources coming from this provider via an internet connected network.
> A UDP communication for broadcast/multicast might be configured in the app settings and be restricted to a dedicated intranet / extranet network

I don't actually think I understand the suggestion. Possibly because I
don't know anything about UDP multicasting. Would you be able to
describe it in more detail?

/ Jonas