Re: Split application manifest outside of the runtime spec

On 19/04/13 04:17, Ming, Bai wrote:
> On 04/18/2013 07:15 PM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
>> For those not tracking GH, we recently merged in a draft rewrite of
>> the manifest format (see section 3):
>> http://runtime.sysapps.org/#application-manifest-and-its-members
>>
>> It now defines some of the processing rules + i18n model.
>>
>> We currently have a proposal in GH to split the application manifest
>> from the runtime spec [1] (IIRC, we also discussed this briefly during
>> the F2F).
>>
> There are two manifests in there: application manifest and the reduced
> one, so are they both going to be split out?

The reduced manifest is related to packaged applications. As said during
the F2F, packaged applications might go with their own separated
documents too. But given that the intent of splitting the manifest
specification is to make sure it is understood that the manifest could
be used by any web application, I think we shouldn't have the reduced
application manifest there.

--
Mounir