Re: SysApps and DOM Future

On Monday, April 15, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Mounir Lamouri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As said during the F2F, now that the Future interface is in the DOM
> specification [1], it would be great if the usage of DOMRequest was
> dropped in favour of Futures. Generally speaking, it would be a good
> rule of thumb to use Futures for any asynchronous operation.

I think this is great, but I'm wondering if we should reach out to the DOM WG to get guidance on how we wire up Futures properly in a spec (updating the WebIDL is the easy part).

In the current specs using DOMRequest, attributes are being set to particular values, etc. It would be good to have at least one or two examples of how to wire up things equivalently for Futures (what attributes need to be set, if we need to do anything else spec-wise, etc.).

--
Marcos Caceres