Re: wiki page for information about testing for sysapps

On Thursday, 11 April 2013 at 10:49 AM, Dave Raggett wrote:
> If features (normative assertions) are hard to test,
> do we really need them,

Depends on the feature; but generally, if it affects interop, then yes. If it's not testable, then it's likely the spec has a problem (so it's not really about "do we really need them", but more about examining the spec text for implementability). Anyway, we have lots of different ways of doing this an so far the specs are all on the right track IMHO.

If we can, we should begin lightweight prototyping ASAP to squish implementability issues early (before LC).
> and if we do, how will we test them?

I think we will need to address this on a API-by-API basis. For some APIs, we might even have to have an interop jam session at one of the upcoming F2Fs.

--
Marcos Caceres