Re: Telephony API draft

On 10/22/2012 03:53 PM, Kis, Zoltan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A side-question. Can implementations use telephony URI's [1][2] or just
> phone numbers?
>
> This is more of an implementation issue, since the signature for both is
> the same (DOMString).
> However, the spec should be explicit about allowing it or not.
>
> I vote for allowing it, as it would help handling telephony services and
> conference calls with a much simpler API (I have made an experimental
> draft with both tel:// URI's and explicit objects).

I'm not sure why tel:// should be accepted in the API. As far as I see
it, the API should be used to call real phone numbers.

The only way I see tel:// being related to this API is if there is a
tel:// link on a web page. Then, a user could click on it and somehow
the system could open an app that would parse the link and do what
should be done with the number. However, the API would only get the raw
number.

--
Mounir