Re: Telephony API draft: disconnect reason

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Kis, Zoltan <zoltan.kis@intel.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 1:50 PM, EDUARDO FULLEA CARRERA <efc@tid.es> wrote:
>>
>> I have uploaded an initial draft of the Telephony API [1], which has been jointly prepared by Zoltan Kis, Jose M. Cantera and myself, who are willing to act as co-editors of this spec.
>> Looking forward to your feedback.
>> [1] http://sysapps.github.com/sysapps/proposals/Telephony/Telephony.html
>>

> I noticed that we may need to remove the "busy" state, which is not
> really the state of the call (which has to be "disconnected"), but
> rather it tells the reason for being disconnected.

I was under the impression that the phone briefly transitioned through
a "busy" state. During this time, audio is coming from the network and
is providing the sound of the busy signal. Only after having been in
this state for a few seconds does the phone transition to a truly
"disconnected" state.

Or do phones "fake" the sound of the busy signal by simply playing a
client-side audio file?

/ Jonas