Re: Moving forward with sync media work

Hi Marisa and all.

I looked through the requirements again, and I still maintain that the
timingsrc[1] lib is exactly what you guys need as an engine for playback
and sync of both audio/video and text progression/navigation. True, it does
not provide any declarative support, but thats where you come in...
Timingsrc makes it real easy to define custom data formats and then build
custom viewers/players with custom navigation primitives etc, and it does
all the heavy lifting with the timing stuff. Though primitive in
appearance, this demo page [2] for the sequencer already solves a core part
of your challenge, ensuring that the right DOM element is activated at the
right time - relative to playback through text.

If you were to send me an audio file and a timed transcript to go with it,
(e.g. JSON with start and end timestamps for each word, then putting up a
rudimentary demo would likely be real quick.

Best, Ingar Arntzen

[1] https://webtiming.github.io/timingsrc/
[2] https://webtiming.github.io/timingsrc/doc/online_sequencer.html