Re: SAWSDL

Daniela,

We do Web service composition using SAWSDL annotations but we haven't
implemented all aspects of the spec. You can find more details on our
technology at: http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/wssem

Regards
Rama Akkiraju

Senior Technical Staff Member
Semantic e-business Middleware Group
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
Hawthorne, NY

Ph: 914-784-7317 t/l 863-7317
FAX: 914-784-6807
e-mail: akkiraju@us.ibm.com

             Jacek Kopecky
             <jacek.kopecky@de
             ri.at>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  Daniela Barreiro Claro
             public-sws-ig-req         <dclaro@ufba.br>
             uest@w3.org                                                cc
                                       public-sws-ig@w3.org
                                                                   Subject
             10/10/2007 05:28          Re: SAWSDL
             AM

Dear Daniela,
the most up-to-date listing of SAWSDL implementations is [1].
I'm not sure if any of these tools currently does composition
with SAWSDL annotations. The SAWSDL Usage Guide [2] contains
examples that include composition tasks, but that is meant to
be illustrative; I'm not yet aware of tools that actually implement
that functionality.

The common extension for SAWSDL files is .wsdl - SAWSDL is an
extension of WSDL, so every SAWSDL file is also a WSDL file.
Also the media type stays application/wsdl+xml.

Finally, SAWSDL is not connected to WSMO (or OWL-S, for that matter),
it was created as successor of WSDL-S and it aims to be a common
ground on which frameworks such as WSMO and OWL-S could be unified.
WSMO has a SAWSDL-based grounding (supported in WSMO Studio), but
other SAWSDL-aware tools need not support WSMO.

Hope it helps,
Jacek

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/#tools
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/sawsdl-guide/