From: "Linh Duy Pham" <lpham@ict.swin.edu.au>
To: <public-sws-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 7:14 AM
Subject: Can OWL-S be used as a service composition language?

Dear OWL-S researchers and users,

I have been researching about OWL-S for a while. From the OWL-S website,
"OWL-S supplies Web service providers with a core set of markup language
constructs for describing the properties and capabilities of their Web
services in unambiguous, computer-interpretable form." --> OWL-S is a
rich-interface description language for a Web service.

In the OWL-S process model, there are control constructs which provide
definition of composition of atomic processes. Each of these atomic
processes can be grounded to different WSDL files. So I thought it is
possible to use OWL-S as a service composition language as well (like BPEL)?
>From the literature, there is no clear distinction about this point,
although I could be wrong.

Please advise me. Many thanks.

Kind regards,