Re: Commercial/Real-world Semantic Web Services?

dear bijan

Bijan Parsia schrieb:

> Folks,
>
> Please can we not all pile in. I fully understand the frustration and
> the temptation, but it's not going to help. At least, if the past is
> any indicator.
>
> This was the point of my sending private advice...so it wouldn't
> clutter up the list. Obviously, that failed because of a bit of reply-
> list ineptness on my part :)
>
> I strongly suggest that the best response at the moment is to talk
> about other things. Filter out messages you know are a waste of time
> and move on.
>
> I know it's discouraging and tiresome. Sorry. I'll post a few things
> that I hope get us doing something more interesting! SWASDL! We need  a
> review!
>
> Matthias, given that Jacek is at DERI, I take it that WSM* is going  to
> play nice with SWASDL. Any comments? Issues?

good question :-)

i am currently busy with the finishing off our wsmo-mx matchmaker which
we hopefully will make available at semwebcentral soon.

well, from what i have seen so far about trying to partially marry
WSML with SWASDL (WSDL-S) that might be interesting for industrial
practice. however, as far as i can (quickly) read from the working draft
of SWASDL, it provides some flexibility in basically attaching anything
you want (semantic models by modelREference) but leaving the agent alone
when it comes to formal reasoning upon these models to find grounded
relations and dependencies between heterogeneous concepts and data;
the xsd (schema lifting and lowering) mappings are merely syntactic at
data type level - means at the same level as WSDL analyzer / mapping
tools.

cheers, matthias

> Cheers,
> Bijan.

Dr. Matthias Klusch
German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3
66123 Saarbruecken, Germany
Phone: +49-681-302-5297, Fax: +49-681-302-2235
http://www.dfki.de/~klusch/, klusch@dfki.de