Re: OWL-S question: multiple atomic processes

On Nov 29, 2006, at 10:22 AM, Massimo Paolucci wrote:

> I have not completely understood Jo's problem, but my impression is
> that what  Jo is really after are three very different services.

Yes, as she stated up front. She wants to pull them together *in
spite* of them being different.

"Service" is used differently in OWL-S and in WSDLland....a WSDL
"service" can contain any number of completely unrelated operations.

> Wouldn't be better just to define three services with three
> different process models and profiles?

That was the result of the conversion from WSDL, but it doesn't meet
her needs.

> My rule of thumb when I write an OWL-S description is that if I
> really need disjunctions in the Profile, the underlying services
> are different.

Yes, but if you want to say something about all of them "at once",
e.g., that they are offered by the same provider and that provider
has a certain privacy policy, then it's a bit inconvenient. The
choice trick is not the happiest, obviously, but I believe Jo was
going for a "ServiceCollection" approach anyway and was just curious
about how the Choice trick would work out.

Cheers,
Bijan.