RE: sws matchmaker contest

From: Antoon Goderis <goderisa@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:24:17 -0000
To: <klusch@dfki.de>, <public-sws-ig@w3.org>
Cc: "'Franck Tanoh'" <ytanoh@cs.man.ac.uk>, "'Carole Goble'" <carole.goble@manchester.ac.uk>, "Katy Wolstencroft" <katy@cs.man.ac.uk>, "'Duncan Hull'" <duncan.hull@cs.man.ac.uk>, "'Ulrike Sattler'" <Ulrike.Sattler@manchester.ac.uk>

Hi Matthias,

Great to see the initiative is forging ahead.

> (1) the idea was to continously collect sws - sa-wsdl, owl-s or wsml -
> we all
> come across during our work, and send it to a central
> collector site for
>    editing the respective *raw collections*.

Franck Tanoh, the bioinformatics curator of the myGrid project
(http://www.mygrid.org.uk) has started annotating the  services used in the
Taverna workflow editor (http://www.mygrid.org.uk/taverna). He is using the
Feta service description model, based on RDFS and OWL. There are currently
around 250 services annotated; there are some 3500 in total. Feel free to
regularly scavenge the location below where he submits his descriptions.
There is WebDAV access for downloading.

http://phoebus.cs.man.ac.uk:8100/feta/mygrid/descriptions/

Best of luck with the competition. Any questions, feel free to e-mail me or
Franck (in CC).

Antoon, on behalf of the myGrid team

--
Antoon Goderis