Re: Semantics of WSDL vs. semantics of service

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:12:36 -0500
Cc: "'Carine Bournez '" <carine@w3.org>, "'public-sws-ig@w3.org '" <public-sws-ig@w3.org>, "'Jacek Kopecky '" <jacek.kopecky@deri.org>, "'Battle, Steven '" <steve.battle@hp.com>
To: "Shi, Xuan" <xshi@GEO.WVU.edu>

I had a lengthy point by point but as it 1) was a bit snippy and 2)
long, I decided to spare the list and just send it privately. However I
want to point out a few things:

	1) everywhere Xuan says, "bijan believes" or pretty much any
ascription to me, he attributes to me something I've not said or
written and is fairly silly, so he can set up a straw person argument
	2) Xuan doesn't seem to understand WSDL even a little bit, especially
the fact of the HTTP binding (and multiple bindings, and multiple
endpoints)
	3) Xuan thinks "compose a service" means "create a request message and
paste it into a web form"; I trust it's obvious that this is not the
standard meaning of "composition"
	4) Xuan doesn't like SOAP, and is willing to conflate SOAP and WSDL
	5) Xuan generates a *lot* of non sequiturs and has a very private
vocabulary.

Cheers,
Bijan.