Re: agents

On Jul 20, 2006, at 3:48 PM, Jorge Paulo Sequeira wrote:
> I’m new to owl-s and I’ve got a basic question:
>
> I want to semantically document a web service of mine.
Why? What's your goal?
> Let’s say I build all the files that I need, with all the
> information with input output preconditions and effects. Let’s also
> assume that I have already a service.owl, a profile.owl, a
> process.owl and a growding.owl for my service.
Er...you mean the standard background ontology that you've imported?
Or is it just that you've covered all these areas? (There's no
requirement for separate files. If your service is atomic, there
won't be a lot of process to describe).

> What now?
if you have no other goals, then you are done!
> What am I supposed to do with these files?
This is a really strange question. What did you *want* to do with
them? Why did you mark them up?

Typically, one will publish them so others (or you) can use them.
> Do I have to build my own agent to query them?
Er...usually one wants to use enriched descriptions to assist in
enhancing or automating certain tasks such as service discovery,
matching, composition, or execution. Well, you know what the service
is, so no discovery. You've only mentioned one, so not a lot of
matching or composition. Is this a general question?
> Are there API’s available on the community?
Yep. I recommend, as I would :) the Maryland OWL-S api:
	http://www.mindswap.org/2004/owl-s/api/
> What’s the typical use for these files? How do I integrate this
> information on my web server so agents can locate and “understand”
> the service?
Just publish like normal web documents.

Cheers,
Bijan.