Re: SPARQL support

On Aug 18, 2006, at 12:40 PM, dhavalkumar thakker wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> I was interested in using SPARQL for one of my SWS projects. I am
> aware
> that APIs like Pellet, Jena etc. supports SPARQL however, can anybody
> point me to web resource which explains the level of SPARQL support in
> these APIs.

Technically, what Pellet (and KAON2) support is not SPARQL but SPARQL
syntax for a DL oriented query language (call it SPARQL/DL). As lots
of things even in SPARQL/RDF (now that's redundant) are in flux, it's
an issue. The Pellet and KAON2 guys will try to keep synched in
general about how they understand things, but it's safest to stick to
plain conjunctive query.

For Jena, see:
	<http://jena.sourceforge.net/ARQ/>

Pellet uses ARQ as it's SPARQL front end, so their'll be some
transfer of knowledge :)

KAON2 has a bunch of examples on its page or in its download.

Cheers,
Bijan.