Re: Web service in WSDL vs. "service" in OWL-S

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 12:08:03AM -0400, Xuan Shi wrote:

> If W3C and this SWS-IG try to define service semantics for WSDL-based
> service, other than Web-site based service, people have to re-examine
> the suitability of OWL-S for SWS because OWL-S targets at a wrong object
> (Web site) other than Web service defined by W3C.

Now stop that FUD. This Interest Group is not trying to define semantics
for "WSDL-based service". The term  "WSDL-based" is a complete non-sense
and you misread (once again) the definition of the WS Arch Note.
Opposing "WSDL-based" and "web-based" is of course as non-sensical as
opposing REST and WSDL.

Of course I will not answer any of your questions, the troll is over
(at least for me, it's up to other contributors to decide if they want
to lose their time).

--
Carine Bournez -+- W3C Europe