RE: Scenarios for embedded annotations in WS description

Carine,

Thanks for your kind attention and advice. I just want to show such examples
or challenges to people in 'public-ws-semann@w3.org', so that when they try
to demonstrate something to us, their ues cases will not just include some
simple and naive issues like "buy book", "buy ticket", "reserve hotel",
"credit card transaction", etc. They can use such living Web services and
demonstrate such approach is feasible, i.e. tell people those four Web
services implement the same address geocoding functions by adding/embedding
semantic annotations into those four WSDL documents.

As I discussed with Daniela regarding dynamic composition vs. dynamic
invocation, I still hope to see some people can use the real and existing
Web services for demonstration. A good scenario or use case is just what I
told Daniela in the past by composing Microsoft's TerraService with ESRI's
address geocoding service to retrieve a 1 ~ 20 meter resolution aerial photo
images for the input location/address. Then we can see, whether dynamic
composition will really lead to dynamic invocation. In my opinion, we should
focus on dynamic invocation first. Once we understand how dynamic invocation
works in different use cases and in different platforms (Java, .NET, etc.),
then we can figure out how to do dynamic composition. For this reason, we
will see that dynamic composition and dynamic invocation of Web services
need certain pre-conditions, which many not be applicable to all kinds of
WSs.

Best wishes,

Xuan