Re: FLOWS and URI

On Sep 15, 2005, at 1:11 PM, Sheila McIlraith wrote:

> Ryu,
>
> That's correct.  The purpose of FLOWS was to develop of first-order
> logic ontology for Web services.  We do not (yet) use URIs to specify
> concepts.

I don't understand the dialectical point of the second sentence. Even
in developing a FOL ontology for Web services, it might be nice to have
URIs for the specific concepts to serve as a common terminological
basis for various encodings in Semantic Web languages.

If it's just, "We didn't get round to it and KIF doesn't make it easy
or inevitable out of the box" well, that's ok, of course :)

Cheers,
Bijan.