Re: [fwd] Draft charters for work on Semantics for WS

Hi Xuan -

I agree with Steve's comments and I would like to reiterate three points.

First, as background, an OWL-S service specification must have some kind of
grounding to be usable.  An OWL-S profile and process model provide a semantic
model, but they are considered to be "abstract" in precisely the sense that they
don't provide communication details.  A grounding is intended to provide those details.

Second, we (the OWL-S folks) have said all along that the WSDL grounding is just one
of many possibilities for grounding an OWL-S service.  (Actually, at least one other
grounding approach has been developed.)

Third, it's my understanding that WSDL allows for specification of other protocols
besides SOAP.  At least that was true in WSDL 1.1.  I haven't looked closely at WSDL
2 in this regard, but I sure hope it is still the case.

Regards,
David