>   Split
>     A: split B and C
>     D: split E and F
>
>   In this case, could process C, for instance, receive as input parameter, a value from process E or F?

Without a formal semantics for Owl-S processes, it's not absolutely
clear, but I believe the answer is Yes.  An interpreter for the
language should wait until such values are available before proceeding
with the steps that consume them.

--
                                             -- Drew McDermott
						Professor,

Completely irrelevant linguistic postscript: The word "doubt" as used
by Vieira here is not standard English, but it seems to be gaining
rapidly in popularity.  The correct standard word is "question," as in
"I have a question about parameter data flow."  But the version "I
have a doubt about ..." seems to be quite normal in Indian English,
and it's beginning to be copied to places such as far-off Brazil.

Which reminds me of "allows to X," whose meaning is clear, in spite of
being ungrammatical; it should be "allows us to X" or "allows one to
X."  I predict this will be perfectly good English very soon, given
that it allows to drop a useless word.  Just one doubt: Does this
locution come from German?  Or is it the general case in Indo-European
languages?

[Please don't reply to this part of the message, at least not to the
mailing list!  My questions (or doubts) are purely rhetorical!]