Re: Question about the Congo process example

Hi Manshan Lin,

>From the congo example,
>LocateBookOutput is only an individual of the class "process:Output".
>However, it is related with "#LocateBookOutput" by the property
>"process:parameterType".
>Class "#LocateBookOutput" is the union of class "#ISBN" and class
>"#FailureNotification".
>And "#NotifyBookOutOfStock" is an individual of class "#FailureNotification",
>which is the negative effect of "LocateBook" process.

I understood this. The problem for me is that in each result the effect is defined, but it isn't defined the output (using the property withOutput). Isn't it always necessary to specify the output of a process, even though it's an atomic process? Is it enough to specify the type of the output data (through the effect condition)?

Thank you,

Tatiana.

Manshan Lin <lmshill@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 12:48:20 -0300 (ART), Tatiana Vieira
wrote:
> Hi people,
> Sorry for repeating the question, but it's because I didn't receive any
> answer...
>
> I have a question concerning to the CongoProcess example. In the begining of
> the FullCongoBuyProcess, LocateBook is invoked and, if the book is found in
> stock, the process continues. If this condition is not true, the process
> ends. However, in the LocateBook process definition, there are two results:
> one positive result and one negative result. For the positive result, the
> effect is that LocateBookOutput is of type ISBN. For the negative result,
> the effect is that the book is out of stock. However, there isn't any
> description of the output itself. How can we know what is the output? Isn't
> it missing an OutputBinding?
>

>From the congo example,
LocateBookOutput is only an individual of the class "process:Output".
However, it is related with "#LocateBookOutput" by the property
"process:parameterType".
Class "#LocateBookOutput" is the union of class "#ISBN" and class
"#FailureNotification".
And "#NotifyBookOutOfStock" is an individual of class "#FailureNotification",
which is the negative effect of "LocateBook" process.

In this case, there is nothing wrong in Congo example.

--
Best regards!

Manshan Lin (林满山)
Email: lmshill@hotmail.com;lmshill@gmail.com;lms-hill@21cn.com
Affiliation: School of Computer Science and Engineering, the South
China University of Technology
Phone: (+86)13711287277
2005-01-11
\ "