Re: Doubt about Parameter during execution

Hi,

Thinking in parameterType as a *user specified type*, could I say that a Parameter can have just one type? I mean, I can declare a Parameter just with one parameterType sentence...

Continuing talking about Parameters, could I, or is it good (or not) to state something like...?

Output X parameterType Y
Y rdf:type Parameter

For instance, in the Congo process example, there is any explicitly Parameter declaration. In my case, I have one output that is of type of a class with one property. Could I declare its class as a subclass of Parameter and define the parameterType for the type I need? Is it correct, wrong, strange, perfect? Is it also a purpose of the Parameter class?

Thank one more time,

Tatiana.

Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu> wrote:
I'm not following the whole discussion, but...

On Jan 5, 2005, at 2:14 PM, David Martin wrote:
> Evren Sirin wrote:
[snip]
>> Yes, exactly. What I had in mind was a process description like this:
>>

>> rdf:datatype="&xsd;anyURI">&xsd;#string

>> rdf:datatype="&xsd;anyURI">&books;#Book

>>> I think the parameterType makes confusion in my mind!!!! In the
>>> same way, did now the sintax of Parameter. As described at
>>> Process.owl file, a Parameter can have at minimum one parameterType.
>>> What does it mean?

It can mean a few things (for example, that the type of the value is
the conjunction of the types), but I believe we meant for it to be
compatible with sub/super typing. No parameter has only one type.
(Probably no parameter.)

>>> If it has more than one type, doesn't it have to have also the same
>>> number of parameterValue? (I thought it as an structured parameter)
>>> How can one Parameter have more than one type?
>> Hmm, that I don't know. I think that it should be a cardinality (not
>> minCardinality) restriction.
>
> I also think it should be a cardinality, and I don't remember anyone
> advocating minCardinality.

You forgot :) We had a lengthy discussion about this.

If you interpret it as syntax (i.e., the *user specified* type) then a
cardinality could be appropriate. If it is the *actual type* (in the
sense that it should eventually resolve to the rdf:type of a value)
then, minCardinality is required. The understanding at the time of the
design was the latter.

> So, assuming no objections, let's fix this in the 1.2 release.

I would object. Clarifying text is good, though. Also, I presume we
can fix the value.

Note that the connection with parameterType and parameterValue is all
extra owl, so we do need to be clear about it.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador do Yahoo! agora.