RE: [owl-s] communication between web services

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. But there are some points where I need few more
explanations please …

First,

All the inputs and outputs of the functions of a web service must be defined
in some ontology.

But let’s imagine that we have two web services which work on the same
domain and they want to communicate between each other. But they don’t have
exactly the same ontology (they don’t have the same owl file). So they can’t
understand each others and so they never can communicate between each other
in spite of being in the same domain. Is that what it means?

Secondly,

The service profile is used to describe the web service in order to be
automatically discovered. Service Profile used the inputs and outputs of the
function in order to describe the web service. So with the service profile
we can find the web service we want in order to execute the function we
want.

Then what is exactly the role of the Service Model (or Process Model)?
Because all the informations needed by the web service are describe in the
service profile. What I understood is that it is used in order to describe
what the web service does with the informations (if it calls an extern web
service …). But how this can be used by the requestor if it is automatic?
Does the requestor analyse this (during an automatic execution of the web
service)? Or does the process model not only used for the description of the
web service processes?

Sorry if my English is not very clear but it is a little difficult to
explain. Thanks for your attention.

Jean-Michel

  _____