Re: [owl-s] communication between web services

From: Tuukka Ruotsalo <turuotsa@cc.jyu.fi>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:18:16 +0300 (EEST)
To: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
cc: public-sws-ig@w3.org

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, Mark Baker wrote:

> > > It would make sense to use the WDSL description of the service.
> > >

> > I don't understand how we can automatize an execution of a web service with
> > a WSDL description because I don't understand how a web service can
> > understand a WSDL file.

It depends weither you need to search a web for a service or search a pre
agreed (virtual organizational) model in form of ontology to find the
correct services.
Ontology acts as a intermediate providing a rich sematics
(proven computable model) providing a common understanding
of how services act.

This means that the definition of web is what is called a semantic web
;A decentralized model of rich semantics (in form of OWL(-S)) that a
web service is grounded to.

Best Rergards,
Tuukka Ruotsalo