Re: OWL-S in use?

On Oct 4, 2004, at 9:43 PM, Robert Mark Bram wrote:

> Hi Bijan,
>
>>> Are there any examples of OWL-S in currently in use? I have found a
>>> few OWL ontologies on SchemaWeb, and was hoping that some people
>>> have started using them..
>>> http://www.schemaweb.info/schema/BrowseSchema.aspx
>>
>> Do you mean OWL-S or OWL?
>
> Definitely OWL-S - I found a few instances of OWL in SchemaWeb, but no
> examples of OWL-S.
>
>>> Also, are there any tools for OWL-S developed yet? I saw some for
>>> DAML+OIL on Dave Beckett's resource list:
>>> http://www.ilrt.bristol.ac.uk/discovery/rdf/resources/
>>
>> This seems like OWL.
>>
>> Both OWL-S and OWL are in use. One example of OWL is exactly OWL-S!
>
> I should have said that I was after tools to help build an OWL-S
> description of a service. :)

If you want to do it programmatically:
	http://www.mindswap.org/2004/owl-s/api/

(More toys, including validators, etc.:
http://www.mindswap.org/2004/owl-s/)

We had a "composer" tool which got a bit bitrotted. Work is
recommencing on that.

We will also have some sort of specific browsing/editing support in:
	http://www.mindswap.org/2004/SWOOP/

>> OWL-S is being used by, e.g., Fujistu (for their Task Computing
>> project http://taskcomputing.org/).
>
> Thank you very much - I am looking at this one now..

Enjoy.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.