Re: How does valueType work?

Daniel Elenius wrote:

> Can someone explain how the process:valueType property is supposed to be
> used? I'm confused.

This came in pretty much at the last minute, along with Produce.  We
should get an example of it into the next release.

It's used when an output has been declared to the the union of 2 or more
classes (say, OutputType = union of A and B). If you want to say that
under a certain condition, the type of the output is going to be A you
can say it like this:

        <process:withOutput>
           <process:OutputBinding>
             <process:toParam rdf:resource="#My_Output"/>
             <process:valueType> rdf:datatype="&xsd;#anyURI">
                #A
             </process:valueType>
           </process:OutputBinding>
         </process:withOutput>

This could appear either in a Result or in a Produce (assuming that
Produce stays the same).

We also have the ability to say something like this using an effect (as
in the congo fragment copied below) but I think valueType is nicer.

       <process:hasEffect>
         <expr:SWRL-Expression>
           <rdfs:comment>
             This expression just says that the FullCongoBuyOutput will
be of type
             OrderShippedAcknowledgment.
           </rdfs:comment>
           <expr:expressionBody rdf:parseType="Literal">
             <swrlx:AtomList>
               <rdf:first>
                 <swrlx:IndividualPropertyAtom>
                   <swrlx:propertyPredicate
rdf:resource="&rdf;#type"></swrlx:propertyPredicate>
                   <swrlx:argument1
rdf:resource="#FullCongoBuyOutput"></swrlx:argument1>
                   <swrlx:argument2
rdf:resource="#OrderShippedAcknowledgment"></swrlx:argument2>
                 </swrlx:IndividualPropertyAtom>
               </rdf:first>
               <rdf:rest rdf:resource="&rdf;#nil"/>
             </swrlx:AtomList>