From: public-sws-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-sws-ig-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of David Johnson
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 6:59 AM
To: public-sws-ig@w3.org
Subject: Web service interface definition extension

Having thought about this for some time already, I was wondering if there is
any work in the SWS spec targetted towards sharing/re-using/extending
existing service interfaces? For example, building infrastructure into
development tools for discovering service interfaces (maybe from a purpose
built registry or from existing services) at design-time would be very
helpful in re-using/extending existing interfaces and thus reducing the
amount of dynamic semantic discovery needed across similar services. This
may be applied best inside a company and even extended to include discovery
of common object design for OO programming across different
groups/departments within one business.

Regards,
Dave Johnson