Re: [OWL-S] OEs in the 1.1 Profile

From: David Martin <martin@AI.SRI.COM>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:02:11 -0700
To: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Cc: public-sws-ig@w3.org

Drew McDermott wrote:
>>[David Martin]

>>I suspect that for many simple services (certainly those with a single
>>Result), it'll be fine for the Profile to reference the identical Result
>>object as the Process.  In cases where the Process has several Result
>>instances, of course, there would be no requirement that all of them be
>>reproduced in the corresponding Profile.  In those cases, I suspect that
>>the most common representation would be to reproduce just one of the
>>Result instances from the Process.  Personally, I think that approach
>>yields a cleaner picture than having completely different properties and
>>classes used in profile  vs. process.
>>
>>Comments?
>

> I'm convinced.  Yes, let's make the Profile look like the Process in
> this regard.
>
> And it does seem plausible that the Profile would describe the
> "normal" result of interacting with a web service, not all the things
> that could go wrong.

Thanks for commenting, Drew.

OK, I've made these changes in the 1.1 (Draft) release.  That is, in
Profile.owl:

    hasEffect is now Deprecated
      (moved to ProfileDeprecatedProperties.owl)
    hasResult has been added (with range process:Result)

    Also, the range of hasOutput has been changed to process:Output
(from process:ConditionalOutput).

Cheers, David