Re: Doubt about how to represent an OR condition in Result

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:16:22 -0300 (ART), Tatiana Vieira
<tascvieira@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>   Hi,
>   I have the following problem. I defined a process like this:
>
> composed process A
>   composedOf Sequence
>     process B
>      composedOf Split
>        process C
>        process D
>        process E
>     process F
>
>   This way, process B output is the conjunction of the output of
> processes C, D and E. So, if everything goes right in process B, it
> means that all the 3 processes execute correctly and the output is
> Ok. However, if one or more of these 3 processes did not execute
> correctly, also didn't process B. I don't know how to represent the
> negative result, I mean, the fact that if one of the 3 processes
> go wrong, does process B. The positive result condition is the
> conjunction of the 3 positive results, and what is the negative
> result condition, if I can't specify 3 different conditions for
> exactly the same effect and output?

>From the technical report, it seems that OWL-S 1.1 does not support
OR effects.  However, it does support conditional effect, which may be
used in your situation. Since OWL-S 1.1 uses other formats, such as
KIF, DRS and SWRL, to define the expression, you may also define disjunctive
predicates in it. But this will make the result of the process undetermined.

--
Best regards!

Manshan Lin (林满山)
Email: lmshill@hotmail.com;lms-hill@21cn.com;lmshill@gmail.com
Affiliation: School of Computer Science and Engineering, the South
China University of Technology
Phone: (+86)13711287277
2004-12-15