Re: Planning under Description Logic ?--an obstacle towards WSAC

Manshan Lin wrote:

>hi,
>
>>From the link http://www.mindswap.org/2003/pellet/index.shtml,
>I find that Pellet reasoner is lack of documentation at the moment.
>Can you provide some user manual or example codes using the library?

There is a new release of Pellet (1.1.0) available for download
http://www.mindswap.org/2003/pellet/download/pellet-1.1.0.zip). This
distribution bundle contains a simple readme file, javadocs and example
code. I'm planning to add a small tutorial for future releases. You can
ask Pellet related question by subscribing to Pellet mailing list here:

>I notice that there is another similar reasoner Racer,
>http://www.sts.tu-harburg.de/~r.f.moeller/racer/.
>What's Pellet's superior and inferior comparing with Racer?

Both Racer and Pellet is based on tableaux algorithms designed for
expressive DLs. Racer is older, more tuned and more optimized than
Pellet, On the other hand, Pellet provides support for nominals
(owl:oneOf and owl:hasValue constructs), handles all the built-in XSD
datatypes and does not make Unique Name Assumption. And Pellet is open
source so you can add your extensions easily. If you have more questions
please feel free to join the Pellet mailing list.

Regards,
Evren