Re: Effects in OWL-S

I think this is better viewed as an effect, because it describes the
relationship between the before-state of a service (one where the input
msg was sent) and the after-state (where the input msg was consumed and an
output msg sent back).

I think theoretically we can always view states as persistent by assuming
that messages are treated as objects that are inserted into or deleted from
some kind of a database. Even for your example where the service is just an
arithmetic function you can view it as a service that has a state.

Even if you don't want to view such a service as having a state, the
description that you are proposing defines what the service does and is in
some sense similar to the frame axioms. But this analogy it also comes out
as a description of the effect.

	--michael