Re: [OWL-S] DLization of 1.1

On Apr 7, 2004, at 2:50 AM, Daniel Elenius wrote:

> Bijan,
>
> Just a couple of small points on your new List:
>
> 1) the rest property should have List as its range as well as domain.

Good catch. Hmm. I wonder how that happened...

There should be a lot more in this ontology (cardinality constraints).

> 2) OWL DL doesn't allow renaming built-in rdf, rdfs or owl classes or
> properties[1], so they have to be called something other than
> List/first/rest.

They need to be called something other than *rdf*:List/first/rest.
Which they are. That was the whole point :)

Replace the content of the  &shadow-list; with the rdf namespace and
watch the WonderWeb validator moan.

> Is this list construct going to be used in OWL-S or is the issue not
> settled?

It's a stop gap that makes the current OWL-S DL compatible. It's really
intended only for the syntactic uses you see in the current ontologies.
I am working on other list vocabulary that could be used to model, say,
parameterTypes, but it gets ugly, quick.

Whether it stays for the syntax is stlll an open question for our next
release.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.