Re: UDDI and semantics

At 01:08 PM 2003-11-19, Paul Denning wrote:

>At 09:54 PM 2003-11-18, Max Voskob wrote:
>
>>Your comments and ideas are very welcome.
>
>Max,
>I will speculate that you will meet resistance to the rdfBag idea as it
>will make UDDI servers more complex to implement.
>
>Lacking the rdfBag, you can now use a categoryBag to point to an RDF or
>OWL file.  You would need a taxonomy tModel, unchecked, where the keyValue
>is the URI of the RDF or OWL info.
>
>This seems more in keeping with the way things seem to work with UDDI
>where it points to things outside of UDDI for details.
>
>This would imply that some engine would look though UDDI for all such use
>of this "taxonomy" in a categoryBag, follow the keyValue to retrieve and
>index the RDF/OWL, and provide a query and subscription/notification service.
>
>Paul

fyi,
I created the taxonomy tModel in UBR [1] that I suggested above.

[2] is a DAML-S description of a Housing Agent service, then (using [1]) a
UDDI categoryBag would look like this:

<categoryBag><keyedReference
tModelKey="UUID:BF6770E0-1AC0-11D8-B8EF-000629DC0A53"
keyName="Housing Agent"
keyValue="http://www.daml.ri.cmu.edu/ont/TaskModeler/HousingAgent.daml" />
</categoryBag>

[1]