RE: Cross-ontologies reasoning

Also, let's not forget that obstacles to code sharing are not only of a technical nature. There are also all kinds of social implications as well, related for example to personal satisfaction ("I prefer to write my own code because I have a lot of fun doing that"), to political reasons ("the code a write gives power to myself/my organization/my company, and I am not going to give it away like that"), fear of personal exposure ("God knows what kind of bugs are in my code - I don't want everybody else to find out"), etc. As a personal anecdote, I still remember the reaction of a development manager at a large corporation when he was asked to share his organization's code with other organizations within the same company: "I would not share my code even with my mother".

It will be interesting to see if and in which measure this kind of social aspects will affect ontology sharing.

Ugo