Re: UDDI and semantics: CMU OWL-S/UDDI Mapping

I think that if UDDI entities had some metadata as RDF/OWL/DAML/XTM/... that describes the entities than it would be already a step forward.
Assume the following example:

A service is described using RDF/OWL vocabulary as an online book selling service with books from almost every publisher . An external inference engine receives a request for a paper-back published by Prentice-Hall. Given the distance of the most remote match it figures out 25 possible options how this thing can be classified, including a book selling service. It submits this broad query to UDDI and gets a list of services that match, including our service in question. Then it retrieves the detailed information about the found services and rates them or picks the best match.

Is it a valid scenario?
Does this scenario provide an improvement to warrant the inclusion of semantic metadata and new search capabilities?

This is a rather simplistic solution and can be fit into the existing UDDI structures with only minor or no modifications. All we need is a flat list of RDF triples to say that thing A is B, sells C and conforms to D. An external ontology would have all relationships and class hierarchies to say that P, Q and R are also relevant classifiers for thing A because of their relationships with B, C and D. This conclusion would be done outside of UDDI.

A more complex issue here are one-to-many and many-to-many relationships.
Lets say that a service has relationships of some sort with other services or other UDDI objects of a different type or even external to UDDI objects whatever they could be. It is not practical to describe such relationships outside of UDDI as it involves a particular instance of a UDDI registry - it is not practical to point from ontologies to UDDI objects (in my opinion).
Another example is when a group of businesses have a relationship to another group of businesses (many-to-many). It can be handled by RDF, XTM, OWL, but those structures cannot be easily fitted into the existing UDDI structures at this stage.

A possible solution here is to include RDF/OWL/XTM/...with UDDI entities again, but in a separate bag where they can form more complex structures than just a flat list of triples, e.g. a hierarchy of RDF/OWL/XTM elements.

Does it all make sense? (feel free to say it doesn't)
Would it be practical for external reasoning engines to work with UDDI this way?

Cheers,
Max Voskob