Re: Show: apchk.cgi - a Webfinger => ActivityPub Resolver and Checker

On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 09:57:05 +0000
Aaron Gray <aaronngray@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was heading for a `note` command similar to *nix `mail`, but a whole suite of
> command isomorphic to ActivityPub/Streams would be great.

What a sweet take. As my project (seppo.social) is first-person and self-operated, chances are it is deployed to something one has ssh access to. (My shared hosting providers offers ssh even in the cheapest plan)

Then you can

$ echo "Just another gedanken." | ssh myhost.example.com /var/www/htdocs/seppo.web.space/sub.dir/seppo.cgi note

This way ssh does all the heavy security lifting :-)

The "Good Morning" notes at https://seppo.social/demo for example are via a cronjob on the server.

Greetings,
Marcus