Re: Let's turn aspiration into fact?

On 2/9/2024 4:06 PM, Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> The weight of history of posting, words and images and projects and
> contributions to conversations, is a more solid identity than any
> solely cryptographic assurances.  It means that people can trust each
> other more, and that people have incentive to behave in trustworthy
> behavior or their slowly-building reputation is burned.
I cannot cosign this emphatically enough. If we get portability right,
the Fediverse can go from being a [theoretically] "open" platform to
becoming a full-fledged "identity system" as valuable and load-bearing
as email or ORCID, because it is a data model for teasing out what the
service helped the end-user to publish, and what conversations the
service hosted, without subsuming the content to the service completely.
This is literally the main reason I consider AP is worth working on.
Let's go!