Re: CFC: a policy for calls for consensus on SWICG group decisions

On 9/29/23 2:00 AM, Benjamin Goering wrote:

>   SWIP-37f2: a policy for calls for consensus on SWICG group decisions

Thank you for this Bengo!

> There will be a response period of 14 days.
> > [snip]
>
> Proposal processes on SWICG Forum with identical response period:
>
>   * FEP-a4ed: The Fediverse Enhancement Proposal Process
>     <https://socialhub.activitypub.rocks/t/fep-a4ed-the-fediverse-enhancement-proposal-process/1171/1>

We're currently discussing to raise the period to one month, to avoid
situations of information overload.

Also, it would be "nice to have" to mention (Cc) and CFC discussion to
the SocialHub so that we can consolidate the decision making process
there as well.

Since the SocialHub was created partly to remove the need to spam
everybody in the SocialCG about ActivityPub-only matters, it would be
fair to keep both venues strongly linked.

Delegitimating the SocialHub should not be on the agenda.

==
hk