Re: AS2/AP tasks for a chartered social web working group

po 18. 9. 2023 v 11:55 odesílatel Bumblefudge von CASA <
virtualofficehours@gmail.com> napsal:

> On 16/09/2023 01:51, Bob Wyman wrote:
> > For instance, it might include things like "secure private messaging,"
> > "integration of verifiable credentials," etc. rather than identifying
> > errors in spec examples.
>
> On 17/09/2023 17:31, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> > I think the "identity" folks will look to insert new identity systems,
> > this should be out of scope.  Getting the existing Actor model working
> > and documented should be priority.  Out of scope for the charter DID /
> > VC.
> Melvin, are you calling Bob one of "the identity folks" whose toxic
> technosolutionism you want to protect AP from because he wants to
> include key-management problems in the CG's to-do list? I've met him and
> I think he is far too sensible to self-identity as a rabblerouser in the
> populist identity Volkstimme. Conversely, are you requesting that we put
> interop with key-based identity systems (like Nostr), E2EE, and
> data-signing/data-integrity completely out of scope as problem spaces,
> or just that the specific word "DID" be barred from the corresponding
> set of solutions to consider for each?

Absolutely, DID is out of scope. Tantek has highlighted valid concerns with
the DID work, and formally objected to it. Given his role as a former chair
of the SWWG, his insights are valuable. Looking back, I should have
supported his viewpoint. Please consider this message a formal objection to
including DID-related identity items in any future social web charter. It
risks jeopardizing the success of a WG. Let's focus on activitypub,
fediverse, and the current Actor models.