Re: [Testing TF] First Meet-Up 18Oct, 15:00UTC

As stewards of AP and AS2, I think the SocialCG have a /responsibility/
to pick an official way to test the specs. Automated testing is
important. No other entity has our status to do so.

It is nice that so many people are working on testing systems, but
that's probably in part because the original testing systems for AS2 and
AP are offline. At least for AS2, I know that the as2.rocks site only
provided a parse of input documents, which wasn't a great test of AS2
processors in the first place.

One fully-baked cake is better than 5 half-baked cakes. I'd rather have
one good, working testing system than a handful of unfinished projects,
even if they are made by nice people with good intentions.

I would like to see the Testing TF make a list of deliverables for
itself, even if those deliverables are a recommendation for what the CG
should make. But, ideally for me, I'd love to see the TF take on:

  * A public Web site where you can submit a server for review and get
    an automated score (0 to 100) on spec compliance
  * (Optional) A command-line testing system that can be used in
    development environments or CI

I know that's a lot, but it's what we need.

Evan

P.S. There's a little bit about recording meetings in the W3C process doc:

https://www.w3.org/2023/Process-20230612/#meeting-recording

...which seems in line with your thoughts.