Re: Split off ActivityPub CG or WG

út 3. 10. 2023 v 15:35 odesílatel Evan Prodromou <evan@prodromou.name>
napsal:

> Here's the thing: that CG is not for ActivityPub as we know it!
>
> I started the "ActivityPub" CG before the Social CG and WG. It was made to
> standardise a similar but distinct API, which used the old Activity Streams
> extension to Atom, plus the AtomPub API.
>
> We used it for our native API in StatusNet. I'm not sure it survived the
> name change to GNU Social.
>
> When we standardised ActivityPub at the Social WG, we gave it the same
> name as this obscure API. It was never part of that CG, which never really
> got off the ground.
>
> I'm not sure when the ActivityPub CG was closed; I requested it several
> times.

Thank you for the context, Evan. Given the existing support and interest in
ActivityPub, it's logical and straightforward to modernize and refocus the
group. A simple post-activation blurb update ensures alignment with current
purposes. Overlaps in platforms such as CG, GitHub, Matrix, SocialHub, and
the FEP system have historically diversified rather than diluted fediverse
momentum. With substantial support, including from a spec editor, this
approach seems an intuitive and efficient means to consolidate collective
expertise for ActivityPub’s continued development.