Re: Meta implementing ActivityPub as intended? Not so fast IMHO.

Well at the time I was answering last night I was mainly thinking about
Cambridge analytica. But to be honest with you in recent years I've heard
increasingly a lot of criticism and lawsuits being filed especially in
Europe but even in the United States over manipulation of users and data
privacy. I mean I think just the other day Montana made tik tok illegal.
And I literally heard a piece on the radio about a week ago talking about
how I think this was based in Europe the lawsuit over this, that Instagram
and a lot of these platforms are just basically and obviously profit
motivated. And their main intention is to keep people's attention
regardless. And the piece I was listening to on the radio was saying that
some two out of every three young girls consider suicide that spend a lot
of time on social media. That is of a great concern to a lot of people and
increasingly so.
Dan