Re: Issue Triage

so 20. 5. 2023 v 20:00 odesílatel Evan Prodromou <evan@prodromou.name>
napsal:

> Hey, Melvin.
>
> The wiki pages are linked in each of these issues. I link to the pages
> themselves, not a past version. I've explained why several times; the
> current version of the wiki page is usually the best.
>
> As to the normative change, it was an editorial error, and we've corrected
> those in the errata in the past. I think it would have been a very fair
> change, but I decided to instead document the most backward-compatible
> option.
>
> I've explained this already.
>
> I'm happy to tag issues pending. My main concern is making sure the issues
> are getting triaged in a timely manner and resolved as soon as possible.

Previous consensus:

"If you'd like to include additional non-normative documentation from the
wiki, ensure that the link in the issue points to a *specific version of
the documentation*."

Your response:

"*That sounds like a solution I can live with*!

We had agreed that links to specific versions of documentation would be
included in the issue comments for context. However, I noticed this hasn't
been consistently followed.  Neither is there a link back from the wiki.

As you know, the use of the wiki is not a part of our group's established
workflow, and I'm concerned that closing issues without this reference
might lead to confusion. To address this, I agree to your suggestion to add
a 'pending' tag to these issues instead of closing them outright. This
would allow for a second review before final closure.

Additionally, I've been reflecting on the advantages of open source
processes and feel it might be beneficial for us to incorporate some of
these methods into our workflow. I suggest we consider using platforms like
Codeberg and explore operating in parallel. I believe this could
potentially enhance our productivity.