Re: Issue Triage 3 May 2023

čt 4. 5. 2023 v 1:55 odesílatel Evan Prodromou <evan@prodromou.name> napsal:

> Hello, everyone. I’m sharing here the list of issues that were triaged
> today.
>
> https://github.com/w3c/activitypub/issues/288
> https://github.com/w3c/activitypub/issues/290
> https://github.com/w3c/activitypub/issues/291
> https://github.com/w3c/activitypub/issues/293
>
> https://github.com/w3c/activitypub/issues/289
>
> I’ll be back to AS2 next week! Thanks to everyone who came.

Thank you for doing this. There are some concerns about the current
process. Transferring closed issues from GitHub to a wiki might be
problematic due to the following reasons:

   1. Issues are closed and linked to a wiki explanation, while the wiki is
   not an established part of the group's workflow.
   2. The content of the wiki may change over time, leading to
   inconsistencies in explanations for different topics, such as subtypes
   (last week).
   3. The wiki, being editable by anyone, might not be a stable source of
   documentation.
   4. It's unclear if the wiki genuinely addresses the questions or merely
   reflects one person's opinion at a specific moment.

While using the wiki as a personal knowledge base is acceptable, we should
consider a more structured approach. If an issue is closed, perhaps linking
to a specific version of the wiki page might help, though it could still
cause issues when the wiki document changes. A more robust process would be
beneficial to maintain clarity and consistency.