Re: Survey -- observations and ideas

Ben wrote, concerning private communication:

> Bob, I asked you some time ago privately if you wanted to work on a swicg
> note together documenting existing solutions to some of your concerns, and *you
> told me you didn’t want to make time for it.*

I did not say I'm not willing to make time. In fact, I'm quite willing to
devote a great deal of time to helping move things along. Time is not the
issue, what I'm trying to do is figure out how best to use my time. What I
said last month was:

> I'm still in the process of trying to get up to speed with where all this
> stuff has come in the many years since I was previously involved. Writing
> specs takes a great deal of time and effort. I'd like to figure out the
> full spectrum of needs, and how I can best contribute, before I start
> making time allocation commitments. As you do yourself, I suspect that at
> least some of "my current ideas are probably wrong." *I need some time to
> separate the good from the bad. *I just wish there was more discussion on
> either the SWICG list or around the FEPs so that I could better understand
> whatever are the hot issues.

Part of my effort to understand what might be done with AS/AP has been to
catch up with what is happening in other contexts. My earlier note
reflected a major difference that I found between the communities of
interest. I was not attempting to sow FUD, rather I was simply commenting
on a distinct difference that I see between the efforts.

bob wyman