Re: Activity Streams 2.0 Extensions

Unfortunately "gets refused" is currently difficult to define due to the
asynchronous processing nature of current implementations. There's no way
to signal failure to deliver an activity back to the poster without
processing it synchronously (something that is prohibitively expensive at
scale). In general I would like to see implementations more liberally use
Reject { Activity } for this with a better description of the error
message, although this is complicated by the fact that some errors may be
transient and implementations may want to retry processing activities a few
times internally before communicating an error back to the origin server.
As far as I'm aware of, no implementation currently has support for
consuming or producing any sort of asynchronous delivery failure message