Re: Thoughts on directions for a rebooted SWICG

Hi Erin and everyone,

I'm new to this group but not the fediverse, and have been running
various federated FOSS-y things since approx 2009 :)

For my take, I think a "killer feature" would be improving key exchange
and verification, and potentially making public keys more easily
available and more quickly distributed via ActivityPub for applications
to build features on top of them (e.g. encrypted chat, verified user
profiles, verified file sharing, maybe even software supply chain).

That is similar to Erin's #1 re: sockpuppets, or at least has
ramifications there, but is not the same thing.

Cheers,
- Sean

Sean O'Brien
Fellow, Information Society Project at Yale Law School
Founder, Privacy Lab at Yale ISP,https://privacylab.yale.edu