Re: Semantic Web logos and technology buttons for your consideration

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 18:24 +0200, Benjamin Nowack wrote:
> Dear Ian,
>
> on behalf of the SWEO IG, I'd like to express the group's
> support for the proposed Semantic Web branding strategy
> and the visual elements we saw in the provided document.

Great! I'm glad to hear it.

> My personal feedback: I expect that people will like to use
> the SemWeb logo isolated, or in combination with other graphic
> elements. I myself for example would love to use the cube as a
> stand-alone, inline icon in html, e.g. as an indicator for
> semantically enhanced links or fragments.

Ok, we can chat with Fabrice about extracting the cube (in various
sizes).

> While I agree that
> we should encourage the use of non-modified logos, I think
> it's worth considering a MAY for derived icons or other
> colours. Not sure if that'd be practical or would contradict
> W3C comm guidelines, though.

The whole question of what colors we provide and whether we
license people to create their own is a hard question; I hope
to discuss that at the Comm Team's ftf meeting this week.

> And thanks for the thanks; we thank *you*!

My pleasure. Marie and I will get back to Fabrice on next steps.
I anticipate the logos will become available soon (with usage
guidelines); I need to check schedules with Marie and Fabrice.

 _ Ian