Re: [Fwd: ANN: DBpedia - New version of the DBpedia dataset released.]

Ivan Herman wrote:
> Susie,
>
> this was discussed yesterday on the SWEO group...
>
> However: I have second thoughts about the SWEO blog on this. The DBPedia
> work is really the work of the Freie Univesiteit Berlin, and I am not
> 100% sure that it can/could be considered part of the SWEO project. My
> only concern is: I do not want Chris to feel that we, sort of, hijack
> their work for W3C purposes, so to say. Maybe Kingsley can tell us more
>
> Ivan

Ivan,

The DBpedia project is not the work of Freie, it's the work of the
Linking Open Data (LOD) Community (a SWEO Project as described from day
one). There are many individuals involved in this collaboration.

I am somewhat perturbed about this Freie concern.

Remember, this whole thing runs of a Virtuoso instance in our labs which
was offered as part of our commitment to this effort under the auspices
of SWEO.

If someone as said something to raise these alarms, please let me know
whom etc..

--

Regards,

President & CEO